Friday, January 19, 2007

A Three Year Anniversary


Three years ago this month, I discovered wine. The bottle that caused it? A Taylor Fladgate Tawny Port 10 Year. Even more than its sweetness, I remember how smooth and refined it was. The flavors were in harmony -- and I knew how good a wine could be. Since then, I have spent a lot of time and effort to learn more about wine. But still, I am looking for opportunities to learn more because I still do not know enough. Thus, this blog.

My goal for this blog is simple: it will give me the chance to develop skills and knowledge so that I can appreciate wine even more. Also, too many wine books are written by either professionals or very experienced amateurs. I hope that, in approaching wine from a novice's perspective, I can help others starting out to avoid the same mistakes that I have made and will make. At times this blog may stumble, but hopefully it will improve with age.

On that note, may your glass be full and you never have to ask anyone if they know the Bishop of Norwich!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're welcome.

Rick H. said...

If you're taking credit, do you want to help pay for this hobby?

Unknown said...

I don't have Skadden Money (TM), so the answer is "no, I don't."

Rick H. said...

Then the least you could do is fly out here and help me drink it.