Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Lovely Young Lady.

The other day, the Lovely Young Lady and I took a detour over to Bin 38 in the Marina. After trying a few wines, I was pleasantly surprised to learn two things about her. First, she is very sensitive to brett and does not enjoy it in a wine. Second, she likes the big, fruit-forward style of wine making. I, on the other hand, will find the occasional brett in my wine enjoyable and like my wines with less fruit-dominance and more secondary characteristics that come from aging.

In the end, I had a big smile on my face. On the one hand, I love our differences on these two points as I hope they can make for interesting discussions down the road. On the other hand, I hope I have helped her a little bit in learning what she likes in wine. I find both of those propositions exciting!

No comments: