Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Kosta Browne Sonoma County Pinot Noir 2005

This wine exhibited a wonderful, light red color. Cherries, raspberries and truffles on the nose, with spices and cola on the palate. Amazing, lush finish. The downside? At 15% alcohol, it took almost three hours for the lovely young lady and I to finish it. Four out of five stars.

UPDATE: Rethinking the Kosta Browne. After some time, the one thing I keep thinking about is how hot this wine was. That extra 1% (or 2%, compared to some wines) of alcohol really does matter. I don't think I could have had another bottle of that wine the following night -- or even within the next week. After all, alcohol's a toxin -- and as much fun as wine can be, I really can't have too much in a week. Revised rating: Three and a half stars out of five due to its excessive heat.

No comments: