Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sorry for the hiatus.

I have been terrible, and have not posted anything in the past week or so. Unfortunately, I've been busy sorting out some things -- including making some career plans that will involve a very fundamental change in the next few years. I hope to post more in the coming week, including more tasting notes. Also, expect a deluge of notes sometime after March 17 -- I plan to try at least three or fourCabernets that day!

UPDATED (3/26/2007): Ok, I had a wine party on March 17, but I was too busy socializing to put down all of my notes. Anyway, the wines tried that night included: (1) Lake Sonoma Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 2003; (2) Martin Ray Cabernet Sauvignon 2003; (3) Berringer Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 1999; (3) Leoville-Barton 1998; and (4) Warre's Vintage Port 1985. The Lake Sonoma and Martin Ray were enjoyable, but nothing special (two and a half to three stars, each, with maybe another half-star for value). TheBerriner seemed bitter (three stars, with maybe an additional knock down for lack of value), but I thoroughly enjoyed the Leoville-Barton (easily three and a half stars). And the Warre's? The nose smelled of licorice candies and walnuts. A delightful end of the evening drink. Easily four stars out of five.

No comments: