Friday, January 11, 2008

A matter of enjoyment.

I love wine. I moved cross country because I love wine. I write this blog because I love wine. I love relaxing at night with a great bottle of wine. I love the history, the science and the art that goes into modern winemaking.

Of course, sometimes I love it more than others. I most enjoy having wine with great friends, or a special someone. Wine can be a very intimate thing. Certainly, I'll enjoy a glass at a party. But consuming a bottle with one or two people changes how it's enjoyed, and changes how that time with those special people is enjoyed. As I said, it's an intimacy thing (and the alcohol certainly helps), and I would expect that most people who approach life or wine in a similar manner know what I mean. In short, enjoy the moments while they're there.

No comments: