Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Quinta do Vale Meao

I've received a ton of hits recently for people searching for reviews on Quinta do Vale Meao. Here are my notes on the 2004 and 2003. These are very enjoyable wines, both by themselves or with a nice, hearty meal. In fact, I wish I could find a good supplier of these wines in the Bay Area (while Total Wine always seemed to keep them stocked, I don't think they've made it west of the Rocky Mountains). These wines have cost about $65 to $80 for recent vintages which, while expensive, is a better bargain than what one would find from top producers in California and Bordeaux -- and, I've found these wines will easily compete with those producers in terms of quality. So, if you're thinking about buying a bottle, pick up two (you'll regret not having one around).

No comments: