Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pennsylvania state stores (pt.1).

On a completely random note, I picked up a bottle of scotch for a friend whom I have been staying with this week as a token of appreciation for putting up with me. Which, basically required a trip to a nearby Pennsylvania State Liquor store. In case you do not know anything about how Pennsylvania sells alcohol, let me explain. Beer: buy at pizza joints, distributors or other locations. All other alcohol: at state run liquor stores. If you are planning on throwing a party, this requires multiple trips (plus a trip to the grocery store).

Now, there are two types of state liquor stores. The first type serves wine from jugs and very cheap (and very nasty) hard liquor -- thus, this store caters to alcoholics. The other type tries to be a "premium" store. The store I went to earlier this week was a "premium" store, and thus had a number of bottles on the expensive side. However, after walking in from about 50 degree weather, I noticed I was getting warm. Really warm. And the first thought I had upon that realization? "Damn, that's a lot of expensive wine that's been cooked."

Gods, I'm glad I live in California.

No comments: